Haile Selassie I – Jah Rastafari Royalty Roots Shirt
Haile Selassie – Jah Rastafari T-Shirt
- Solid colors: 100% Cotton; Heather Grey: 90% Cotton, 10% Polyester; All Other Heathers: 58% Cotton, 42% Polyester
- Machine wash cold with like colors, dry low heat
- This premium t-shirt is made of lightweight fine jersey fabric
- Fit: Slim (consider ordering a larger size for a looser fit)
- Fit Type: Men, Woman & Youth
From Rastafari’s origins, the religion was intrinsically linked with Haile Selassie of Ethiopia, who ruled as Emperor of Ethiopia from 1930 to 1974. He remains the central symbolic figure in Rastafari ideology, and although all Rastas hold him in esteem, precise interpretations of his identity differ. The Makonnen dynasty, of which Haile Selassie was a member, claimed descent from the Biblical figures Solomon and the Queen of Sheba, a belief that many Rastas share. However, historians agree that this alleged “Solomonic” lineage was broken multiple times in history, and probably a 13th-century invented tradition to justify Yekuno Amlak‘s new reign.